My referral links are below. If you click through and take action, I may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you.
This week has flown by. It's been eye-opening, to say the least.
I can't remember the last time I felt so afraid. (Don't know what I am talking about? Read more here.)
What I do know, do remember, is that I can push past anything.
The biggest obstacle I faced?
My worst-case scenario imagination.
When I ignored those thoughts and kept going I raced!
I won against my own demons!
And so can you.
Business Happenings You Should Know & Why You Should Care
--> You're not alone!! A new report says that the number of self-employed workers could triple by 2020. 97% (of the 2,700 American workers surveyed) of self-employed workers had no desire to return to traditional work.
--> Uber has launched a carpool option. They are taking action like Amazon does. Master one process, then expand into new markets. That's where you should start too.
--> Facebook is going to send postcards. Snail mail to fend off phonies. Mix traditional business and digital business.
How Others Are Promoting
--> Want to get the word out? Think promoting in 3s and add some breaking news!
I watch the news every day.
We tape it and when the girls go to bed, we watch it.
Two things ABC Nightly News does they do every day?
1. Every day every new show starts with "Breaking News".
Literally, every day the show starts with those two words no matter what is happening.
It's so consistent, I am convinced, it's part of their marketing program.
2. News segments are presented 3 days in a row.
The first day is what happened, the second day gives more details and insight, the third day is a follow up to how others are reacting.
Want your message to stay in the mind of others?
Present your work multiple times.
How We Are Growing
--> Mark Cuban says... "One of the greatest lies of life is following your passion." He goes on to say... follow your effort. What's easy to you? What do you do well? Follow that...
--> The 1 Unusual Meeting Most Highly Successful People Schedule into their Calendars. (And this is the exact meeting *I* have each day!)
Last But Not Least
--> I received an awesome text from a subscriber to the Fierce & Focused Accountability Program.
Every win these women make I take as a win too!
Quick side note from Ashleigh. Here are my most favorite tools ever.
- For audio motivation - Relentless by Tim Grover. I listen to him as I was in the mornings. My walk always becomes a power walk after listening.
- To focus during the day I love to focus@will. They say music helps you focus and for me it surely does. I blare the classical music. I am not sure how many people my age choose that over techno but either way I love it.
- Rosemarie Groner (from the Busy Budgeter) is a friend and I just LOVE how much she gives everything away. She tells you and anyone she can her detailed way to making money! Start with her Pinterest Strategy Guide that is worth every penny. Not. going. to. lie.