“Anything's possible if you have enough NERVE."
― JK Rowling
One of the things we talk don’t really ever talk about is receiving love and praise.
Notice how when someone compliments your outfit you then immediately tell them how you got it on sale.
How when you host a get together, you tell everyone it was no big deal.
When you win, you silently celebrate and move on. Just a few people really know about your successes.
Where did this hiding from praise come from?
There’s something to be said for sharing that your new pool slides were $15 instead of the going $200 rate. There’s fun in sharing you were smarter than everyone else and got the deal of the century.
It’s kind to accept the event was for the greater good and for not about you.
No one likes a bragger.
But it’s a slippery slope too. This thing that we do.
If we don’t accept with open arms compliments, acts of love and praise, gifts. If we don’t accept outlaid, then we silently push them from us.
This is what I believe.
The worst thing I can do is think I don’t deserve the compliments, the praise and the thank yous.
They are confidence killers.
Someone is saying to you - thank you.
Do more just like it.
You are amazing just as you are. Right now.
With all the “shoulds” in the world.
You are amazing right now.
Just as you are.
Quick side note from Ashleigh. Here are my most favorite tools ever.
- For audio motivation - Relentless by Tim Grover. I listen to him as I was in the mornings. My walk always becomes a power walk after listening.
- To focus during the day I love to focus@will. They say music helps you focus and for me it surely does. I blare the classical music. I am not sure how many people my age choose that over techno but either way I love it.
- Rosemarie Groner (from the Busy Budgeter) is a friend and I just LOVE how much she gives everything away. She tells you and anyone she can her detailed way to making money! Start with her Pinterest Strategy Guide that is worth every penny. Not. going. to. lie.
Related posts you may like.
- Create Community in a Surprisingly Easy Way
- This Podcast Will Make You Dream Big
- How to Be a Strong, Confident Woman
--> Delegation rules. When & HOW! YES! OMG. Yes!
--> Leap when you are ALMOST ready. YES!
--> Maybe even Facebook is outpacing Apple? Facebook shut down an artificial intelligence engine after developers discovered that the AI had created its own unique language that humans can’t understand. Researchers at the Facebook AI Research Lab (FAIR) found that the chatbots had deviated from the script and were communicating in a new language developed without human input. !! !! !!
--> While Amazon is taking over the world, marketers are scrambling to keep up. Cliff notes version: Make sure your product is #1 in line and is offered via Prime delivery. Add in a bundle and request those reviews!
--> Not even kidding that this one is trending. Where to shop if you loved Gossip Girl!! Umm... Ohhh how I loved Gossip Girl but this is expensive!
--> I am not going to lie. This super duper expensive sandwich is mouthwatering! Would you risk $180 for a phenomenal sandwich?
--> Little Girls Powerful Women is a great new book series of "first women to..." Have your girls, friends and family read about the first women to break barriers. If you have young ladies near and dear, what an amazing gift.