THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS
"Power is not given to you. You have to take it." Beyonce
Are you ready for the holidays?
Everyone has Christmas on their mind and vacay too.
It's okay if you need to shift your focus.
Take this time for you.
Be kind to you.
Do what you need to do.
Re-prioritize as you need.
And do what's most important first.
Now's the time to implement your best productivity hack.
Lead Ladies Lead.
--> As you run around this week and get your final work-life-holiday balance ducks in a row remember, it's genuine thoughtfulness that matters. Not the money, the thoughtfulness.
--> I keep thinking about this. Apple Bought Shazam. I definitely use Shazam multiple times a week because I never know what song is on the radio and I want to remember. Then Spotify lets you easily replay it. Aside from the fact it's a super cool, useful technology I can't help but think of why else Apple is buying it. One word comes to mind. Data. Apple directly buys what you are interested in and at what volume.
--> Three of my best productivity hacks
1) I'm not perfect but I intentionally do not touch my phone while the girls are at school unless it's a scheduled call or they need to be picked up.
2) I time block one week at a time. I actually rarely follow through with the week's plan, but the activity forces me to fully understand what needs to be accomplished that week.
3) I allow myself to be as tired as I am. Just like you, I do a lot. When I am tired, I allow the activity level to be low. When I am fresh, I have my list of priorities and know precisely what needs to be accomplished so I can work effectively.
--> If you are taking time off for the holidays this was a great example of an out-of-office response! "Out of Office Message: I’ll be away through Monday, July 9th and I will not be checking this email address. When I return I will probably batch delete emails received during this time. If you have a news emergency please contact XXX@xxx.xxx. If there is a matter you would like me to see, please re-send it after July 10th. Thanks"
Earlier, I completely forgot to tell you before one of my absolutely favorite books of all time is, of course, The Alchemist.
If you haven't read it, do so now.
It's light, it's easy, it's empowering as heck.
--> Give yourself a Facebook break without having to go off Facebook. Snooze certain people for 30 days!
--> Words matter. Give a compliment. "I love that you _____, it makes me _____."
Last but not least.
--> Your peers are moving forward even during this busy season. One step by step, day by day.
--> On the 20th, you will be able to see my interview for the Your Achiever Mindset Interview Series featuring me and 19 other experts in the fields of leadership, confidence, productivity, and spirituality. You will learn how to identify what's holding you back, break free from your self-imposed limits, and be a more confident and assertive woman in order to achieve your goals! Check it out!
Quick side note from Ashleigh. Here are my most favorite tools ever.
- For audio motivation - Relentless by Tim Grover. I listen to him as I was in the mornings. My walk always becomes a power walk after listening.
- To focus during the day I love to focus@will. They say music helps you focus and for me it surely does. I blare the classical music. I am not sure how many people my age choose that over techno but either way I love it.
- Rosemarie Groner (from the Busy Budgeter) is a friend and I just LOVE how much she gives everything away. She tells you and anyone she can her detailed way to making money! Start with her Pinterest Strategy Guide that is worth every penny. Not. going. to. lie.