My referral links are below. If you click through and take action, I may receive a commission, at no additional cost to you.
I jumped back into the business world just over 2 years ago.
I started a podcast with the sole purpose of learning how other women and moms managed to be... well that... a woman and a mom while also growing a business.
That turned into a blog, an interest in growing traffic and specifically lead to client work.
I had no idea where my business would take me and everywhere I turned it seemed they all talked about the coveted pageviews.
100,000 pageviews a month and I could have a solid business.
I needed 100,000 pageviews to be “legit”, to be taken seriously and to earn any money.
That was the coveted number.
With real work and hard work, I could get there in a few months time if I hunkered down.
So. Guess what I did.
I hunkered down.
I wrote and wrote and wrote my head off.
I bought so many courses under the sun trying to learn about exposure and listens.
I created and re-created I can’t tell you how many sites so I would gain more momentum that would turn into traction.
And it worked.
I was gaining both momentum and traction.
I was being seen and noticed in the online space.
I was being told I was admired by the very people I was privately cyber-stalking!
And then guess else what happened.
Pageviews went up.
Pageviews went down.
And in it all, I realized I had focused on the very wrong thing!
Who cares about pageviews??
What was the offer?
What was deliverable?
I did all that work, spent all that money and it didn’t matter.
It didn’t matter one bit and I was out all that time and energy.
I fought with my husband in those months.
I spent money I wasn’t supposed to.
I focused on the wrong thing.
Pageviews and listens instead of quality value and real income.
I am not going to lie.
I wanted a business and I didn’t have one yet.
What I came to realize is I shouldn't care about pageviews!
The only thing that matters is delivering a quality product and actually monetizing it!
Then I learned of a businesswoman with 1,000 pageviews a month and in her 2nd year of business was well on her way to having a 7-figure business!
Then I learned about another who had 30,000 pageviews was making nearly $500,000.
Most importantly, over and over again I learned today's business is a mix of traditional and digital business.
Which leads me to one of the big open secrets to running business these days is that you must take advantage of the opportunities presented to you online.
I 1000% believe in multiple income streams.
- What's your core business? What is the natural add-on to your business?
- What do people ask you about all. the. time?
- What's the upsell?
- If you are selling one product, you can certainly make that 3 products. Try different packaging. Different quantities. Different customers.
- How can the work you are doing today, be multiplied?
- What would you do differently if you had a cash influx of $20,000 or $200,000.
- What would happen if you suddenly needed to make that - like yesterday?
To me, this is a freedom building activity helps solidify the life and lifestyle I want to live.
Forget pageviews, create income streams.
You should know...
Your smartphone makes you quick, not smart.
Every time you pick up your quickphone, you stop inventing and begin transacting instead.
The flow of information and style of interaction rewards your quickness. It helps you make decisions in this moment. Which route to drive? Which restaurant to go to? Which email to respond to?
Transactions are important, no doubt. But when you spend your entire day doing them, what disappears?
We can’t day trade our way to the future we seek.
How others are managing.
--> The 1 Unusual Meeting Most Highly Successful People Schedule into their Calendars. (And this is the exact meeting *I* have each day!)
--> We have all the productivity tips in the world but they feel boring to us, so much so we don't follow them anymore. This article was great in pointing out some new ideas! Instead of Pomodoro technique try scheduling Procrastination Tasks and having Themed days!
How we are growing.
--> We learn by watching others. It's not much of a surprise that Barnes & Noble is cutting staff. Walmart is making a push for more Book sales online. Amazon is getting into retail space. What do you think Barnes & Noble should do? I think they should join with Amazon. B&N has the property, has the locations and infrastructure in place. I think they should connect with Amazon and team up!
Last but not least.
--> The Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing course sale ends tonight! This is a process I use and integrate into my clients.
There are so many ways to make money Ladies!
Use code FEBRUARYSALE2018CC so you can receive $28 off the course!
Here’s the Cliff Notes version of what you need to know!
- The Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing by Michelle Shroeder Gardner is an in-depth online course to show you exactly how and where you can add additional income to your business.
- I have taken it and now I get receive regular PayPal notifications of deposits.
My clients have started using this exact process and have a new income stream.
It teaches you, step by step, EVERYTHING you need to know, learn and implement so you can earn income from the genuine recommendations you want to already make.
I recommend this course in a flash and without reservation to anyone who has a website sends emails to their customers or has a social media following (even if you consider it a small one.)
The sale is now until Sunday night 11:59 PT and you save $28.
It online with lots of examples.
Click here to enroll in Making Sense of Affiliate Marketing before the sale ends! Use code FEBRUARYSALE2018CC so you can receive $28 off the course!
Quick side note from Ashleigh. Here are my most favorite tools ever.
- For audio motivation - Relentless by Tim Grover. I listen to him as I was in the mornings. My walk always becomes a power walk after listening.
- To focus during the day I love to focus@will. They say music helps you focus and for me it surely does. I blare the classical music. I am not sure how many people my age choose that over techno but either way I love it.
- Rosemarie Groner (from the Busy Budgeter) is a friend and I just LOVE how much she gives everything away. She tells you and anyone she can her detailed way to making money! Start with her Pinterest Strategy Guide that is worth every penny. Not. going. to. lie.